HELPING HANDS

InSpired
SOME OF HELPING HANDS USED BY GOD  FOR ME

SHE HAD LITTLE......
She was a nurse with a meagre salary but she is a Christian and an effective care-giver. 

My Technical Drawing Teacher was a member of Deeper Life Bible Church and invited me and some other pupils for a Church program in Deeper Life Camp, Ayebo Lagos.

I guess, he took pity on me because most of my teachers knew l was a typical student from a poor background. ( Please permit me to leave out exact dates for l cannot recollect accurately date of events, though l remember the events).

So an Altar call was made after God's General, Pastor W.F. Kumuyi finished his preaching and l walked out and gave my life to Christ.

After this encounter, I was given a  flier for special service at Christian Pentecostal Mission (CPM) and which  l decided to attend. It was this Christian Nurse sister that was assigned to follow me up for we reside in the same vicinity. 

I bear witness that she gave more than her best. She had little yet she shared with me. 

My father informed me that now l have decided to  follow Christ, Christ should take care of my needs. My sister was just a girl too and could not help at that time.

It was this Christian Nurse that took care of me. I would visit  her in her  one room apartment. and she will share  scriptures with me and then fed me with the physical food from the little she had.

'Trust in Jesus Christ, no matter what (was her core message.) 'He can never fail you.' she will always say. This truth was demonstrated  in her Christian walk with God.

 She was of marriageable age yet single.
But her zeal and devotion to Christ was recommendable. She was all smile, spending long hours praying for the Church and the neighbourhood.  I guess, the importance of prayers was planted in me from her.

About four months later, she announced she was relocating to the East and that was the last l heard from her. I am so sorry to say that a few months later, l stopped going to church and compiled with my father's desire.

THE LESSONS I LEARNT FROM THIS EXPERIENCE
1.   l must endured hardship as a soldier of Christ. Persecutions will always arise but we must learn to endure for we are overcomers.

2. It is important continual prayers and intensive follow up be done for new convert. Unless they are grounded in the Word, they may turn back because of hardship

3. New converts must be surrounded with love and care and we must be careful who follows them up; because good and negative spirits and mindset can be pass on to them by their carer.

TO BE CONTINUED 
A.L. Hephzibah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christ In Your Heart

MY CONCEPT OF LOVE

GOD CAN TEST YOU