ACCESSING THE WATCHMAN ANIOINTING

INSPIRED
DON'T GIVE UP

Bunmi sat under the mango tree situated in front of her house with dejection written on her face. 

" Am tired and fed up" she uttered to her self as she saw Bose, the daughter of one of her neighbour walked out of the 'face me and face you' apartment she stays in Iyana Ipaja. 

'God why me', she asked? I  don't understand' 
she fought the tears struggling to escape from her eyes. She turned her back to the house and  faced the street and saw Okadas with passengers driving to and fro  Basiru street where her house was located. 

The house  was a blue color apartment of ten rooms with seven  families and three singles. She was one of the three singles in the house.

She turned back towards the house and gazed at the house she had stayed for the past  twelve years. 

'Nothing has really changed in my life' Bunmi muttered to herself. " Have been working in the Fanson Clothing Industry and my salary has been the same.

 I attend Church, am a worker and pay my tithes and give prophet offering and seed, yet no progress, am doing the same job, living in the same house." 

Bunmi held her head with her opened palms  "when will my story changed' she continued talking to her self when she heard Bose called her  "Aunty Bunmi, they have start Super Story oooo." Bose in her red skirt and multicolored blouse called out to Bunmi. 
But Bunmi hissed and replied  "thank you Bose, l don't have time now". Bose turned and ran back into the House. 

Bunmi continued with her conversation with God in the dark.
"Now am getting married next year,  and moving to a room and parlour with my fiance after marriage."  

Bunmi got up from the bench thinking, " maybe l should end the relationship with Rotimi," she reasoned, 'and  marry someone better than me financially," Bunmi counseled herself, then sat down again and  lifted her eyes to heaven as tears filled her eyes, 

"Father is it all you have for me, but your Word says the path of the just is like a shinning light that shines brighter. 

My God and King, my feet and destiny has remained on the same spot for too long and l know its not your will for me. Jesus Christ died  and was made stagnant for three days  on the Cross, so that l, Bunmi who believe in Him, should be progressive in my destiny. 

Lord l don't understand what is happening but l refused to be sad, depressed about my situation. I stop my complaining and murmuring. I cancel every  negative confession, l have  made that is against my progress. 

I cancel the confession l make always with my colleagues that Nigeria's economy is bad and everyone is suffering."

Bunmi stood from the bench and walked towards the side of the house when she noticed that passerby were looking at her strangely. 

She  continued  praying " I reject  stagnancy in my life, l chose to move forward.
Am a winner, l have a good job, my fiance level has change for the better. We radiant God' glory and...

"Aunty Bunmi, Aunty Bunmi," she heard Iya Bose her neighbour called  "you have call oooo.'  Iya Bose told Bunmi walking towards her.

Bunmi responded 
"Abeg, Iya Bose, am busy, make the caller call back. Iya Bose  thrust  the Techo phone in Bunmi's hand "Abeg take from my hand. I no know wetin  you dey do wen you don't want to pick your husband number"

Iya Bose angrily walked off and muttered to herself " No be your fault. Sebi, na me bring phone for you. 

Bunmi wiped the tears from her eyes and redial her fiance number. It rang but Rotimi her fiance did not pick the call. Bunmi walked to the front of the house and redial his number again. 

"Hello dear," Bunmi spoke when Rotimi picked the call. "Sweet, aah, you will not believe what happened to me," Rotimi excitedly spoke to Bunmi, 

"uuuh, this God is too good. No one who wait on Him and trust in Him absolutely will ever be disappointed." Rotimi continued his conversation with Bunmi. , "what happened dear", Bunmi responded slowly with a somber tone. 
"Green card, Green card," Rotimi responded excitedly, "I just got my Green Card", Babe, we are America citizens, God has done it."
 Bunmi screamed, 'what no, no, its not  true, Green card, you said, how did it happen, what happen". Bunmi asked with surprise in her voice.

Bunmi's neighbour whose room window was connected  to the verandah of the house stuck her head out of the window and asked Bunmi , 

"kilo sela, aunty Corper", she enquired"
Bunmi smiled  and nod her head, waving her left hand to indicate nothing was wrong. 

She moved away from the woman's window and entered the house into her room and    started dancing, and singing " 

"Onise iyanu, you are a God of awesome wonder, have tasted of your power," she danced to the lyrics of the song. 

Rotimi spoke again on phone, "Bunmi mi, God is awesome,  Elder Dele my HOD in Security department just promised to  sponsor our wedding and even buy my ticket when am ready to travel." 

"So babe, we are getting married this year and not next year as planned; see what this God has done for us."

Bunmi dropped her phone on the carpet in her room and went down on her knees  raining praises on God. 

"Hello, hello," Rotimi called but Bunmi was deep in worship. She eventually lifted up her face towards heaven, "Thank you Lord that l did not give up.

Abagail Hephzibah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christ In Your Heart

MY CONCEPT OF LOVE

GOD CAN TEST YOU