SCENARIO ELEVEN

InSpired
THE EFFECTIVE THIRD PARTY IN MARRIAGE CHOICE
THE REBECCA MARRIAGE TEMPLATE

It is believed that third parties are intrusions in any marriage relationship. 
Moreso, this School of Thought believes that God's command is " And a man shall leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife and they will become one" 
My opinion is -If the idea of third party in your marriage relationship is an intrusion is accepted as absolute truth, then your mother-in-law should be banned from coming to help in taking care of your new born babies.

Your in-laws should not spend time and money during your wedding and naming ceremonies.

While the case of third parties can be burdensome in certain cases, but they can really be a blessing when handled with care, wisdom and God's help.

I am a strong believer in asking for the help of The Almighty in every decisions.
Some Advocates of living your life without Christ's help would say that secular business moguls are highly successful without asking for wisdom from Christ.
I will say ' God is our Father, a knowledgeable Father, a loving Father who is always willing to help, why not ask for his help if you can.

ABRAHAM' AND ELIEZER ASKED FOR HIS HELP!
"So he said, “I am Abraham’s servant. ........My master’s wife Sarah has borne him a son in her old age, and he has given him everything he owns. And my master made me swear an oath, and said, ‘You must not get a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanites, in whose land I live, but go to my father’s family and to my own clan, and get a wife for my son.’ “Then I asked my master, ‘What if the woman will not come back with me?’ “He replied, ‘The Lord, before whom I have walked faithfully, will send his angel with you and make your journey a success, so that you can get a wife for my son from my own clan and from my father’s family
Genesis 24:37-40

This was Abraham testimony of seeking for a marital partner for his son Isaac.
Lets see the process through which the servant of Abraham went about this important task

“When I came to the spring today, I said, ‘Lord, God of my master Abraham, if you will, please grant success to the journey on which I have come. See, I am standing beside this spring. If a young woman comes out to draw water and I say to her, “Please let me drink a little water from your jar,” and if she says to me, “Drink, and I’ll draw water for your camels too,” let her be the one the Lord has chosen for my master’s son.’ “Before I finished praying in my heart, Rebekah came out, with her jar on her shoulder."
Gen. 24:42-46

Then the man bowed down and worshiped the Lord,
Then the man bowed down and worshiped the Lord, saying, “Praise be to the Lord, the God of my master Abraham, who has not abandoned his kindness and faithfulness to my master. As for me, the Lord has led me on the journey to the house of my master’s relatives.”
Genesis 24:26-27
Eliezes- Abraham's servant acknowledged that God helped in his quest and search for a wife for his master's servants based on their desire of the qualities the woman must possess.

Some readers may say this is Old Testament and that God is no longer in the business of choosing marital partner for believer.
I will agree and  say ' You are right! Whether New or Old Testament, God is not in the business of choosing marital partner for any one.
But God is sure; our present help in need and is always  ready (24/7)  to help those who call on him for help 
And we sure need the help of God in this generation of :

1."Do not judge a Book by its cover:
2. Many are Believers in Christ, but not ALL walk in the way of Christ.

MODERN SCENARIO OF THE REBECCA MARRIAGE CHOICE TEMPLATE
1. Your Christian friends saw, met and know a Christian guy/lady they perceive will be a good match for you. 
The godly mart age from abroad connections fall within this range
And they ask for your permission to introduce you to this guy/lady. But the final decision of choice depends on you

2. Your parents, siblings knows of a guy/lady who they had interacted with over time and they decided carried out their 'Act and Art' of 'good interference' and ensure that both of you meet without stating their ' match making scheme'.

3. Your Pastor, unit leader knows of a believer in Church and perceive you will be good together in a relationship. Depending on the doctrine of your church. The leader either prays that God will connect both of you if you are good for each other or ask you to pray about it. This is dependant on denominational doctrine.

4. You met a lady in your friend' office, church, an event and you liked her and perceived she may be the one and asked your friend to introduce you.

Whatever may be the case, effective third party is also a marriage choice template.

I will choose the godly interference of Abraham and his servant in the marriage choice of Isaac than settle for the template of Jacob going by himself to chose a partner and ended up with four marriage partners.

The writer is not speaking against marriage template but she is attempting to say ' whichever template you chose, carry your Heavenly loving Father along in your choice.


A.L. Hephzibah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christ In Your Heart

MY CONCEPT OF LOVE

GOD CAN TEST YOU