VERY CLOSE

InSpired

VERY CLOSE 
LUKE 15:31-32
How close?, how far? though measurable, is relative based on individual perspective.

A wife may see herself as very close to her husband because they sleep on the same bed  and even make love yet that man may be closer to his secretary or colleague in the office  because they speak his love language and make him comfortable in their presence.

Closeness to the Holy Spirit can be view in the same light: attending church often, preaching, teaching, praying, giving is good but they don't necessarily mean we are very close to God. 

In the story of the prodigal son, the father commended the eldest son with this statement" Look , dear son, his father said to him, " you and l are very close, and everything have is yours.  How did this young man achieve this admirable feat?

He was more interested in doing what pleased his father and not just in getting an inheritance.
The elder brother kept on working with the father, though,  no goat was killed on his behalf, no fatten cow killed to celebrate him.  Though the father would have happily killed the fatten cow for the elder brother if he asked for it. ( Sometimes we suffer because we have a wrong perspective about our heavenly Father)

His father called him a dear son, a valuable son. who is very close to the father's heart. A son who is concern about the father's business, not just only for fame or a reward but works in Christ Vineyard as a stake holder.

We must aspire to be very close to the Spirit of Life: His concern should be our concern, His desire, our desire, His will, our will. CHRIST IN US, THE HOPE OF GLORY. 

We should keep loving  Him even when sometimes our 2+2 is not equal four.
We should see ourselves as stake holders in His  kingdom.

Apostle Paul said 'And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.   

“Now I know that none of you among whom I have gone about preaching the kingdom will ever see me again. Therefore, I declare to you today that I am innocent of the blood of any of you.

May God plant our feet on Higher Ground in Jesus name.

A. L. Hephzibah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christ In Your Heart

MY CONCEPT OF LOVE

GOD CAN TEST YOU