HOW TO SHOW YOUR LOVE

InSpired
HOW DO YOU SHOW YOUR LOVE FOR GOD NOW

Love is beautiful and feelings of love ethereal, but genuine love is certainly not characterised by only high feelings.

I am not  married.and may not be an authority on marriage issues but l know that loving someone involves taking certain actions to demonstrate your love for them.

Fortunately for me, what l learnt about love is mostly from the love of God for me. I was not somebody given to feelings of love as a teenager.

I am  from a broken home, a poverty stricken background and l told myself the day a kind relative brought me back to my father.  ( This relative had been solely responsible for my upbringing from age 3/5 -l am not sure of the exact age but l know that l was that young)"
I said to myself " You must become a graduate and you must not get pregnant out of wedlock.

 The first self counsel l gave .myself is " don't go and fall in love and get knock up by pregnancy because that is what was expected of you'. Falling in love was not on my agenda but survival top my list of basic needs. 

Encountering the love of God burned the sheild l had built round my soul and heart   and taught me trust, love, and now l am learning to depending on others.

Loving God is not just about the high feelings you have when praise and worship is going on; it certainly goes beyond that simple option 

King Solomon said in 1 Kings 3:3a

" Solomon showed his love for the Lord by walking according to the instructions given him by his father David,
 
Our LORD Jesus said in John 15:9,10, 14
“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love."

You cannot claim to love God and not keep His commands. What please Him is not just your sacrifices, but your obedience.

The greatest sacrifice you can offer Him is obedience to His Word. When we live like Christ lived,  then we are His true disciples.

Prophet Samuel told king Saul: 

 " But Samuel replied: “Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the Lord? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams. 1 Samuel 15 : 22

SPIRITUAL  NUGGET
Sincerely, you cannot love God and not live in obedience. I am not talking about perfection. Because l have had moments where l missed His voice and went against His commands. But every true believer will always desire to please The Saviour and Master.

The more we know Him, the more we must desire to please Him. Sometimes, the spirit of error and deception clouds our judgement and you don't see His commandments in clear grey and white but provision is made in 1 John 1:9.

But we must not hold on to 1 John 1:9 as an excuse to live a careless Christian life.

Please kindly read the following Bible passages
Psalm 24:3-5
Psalm 25:4,5,9,10,12-14
Matthew 7: 21-22
Matthew 7:24-27
Revelations 22:14-17

May God help us to live as He ordained for His beloved in Jesus name.

A.L. Hephzibah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christ In Your Heart

MY CONCEPT OF LOVE

GOD CAN TEST YOU