THIS IS MY STORY

InSpired
THIS IS MY STORY, THIS IS MY SONG
PRAISING MY SAVIOUR....

When l was a teenager and growing up with my father in Isolo Lagos. I stayed in a room that could barely contain my father's bed .
After my father's bed, the room could only contain a small table which stood between the bed and the door. ( kindly do your own calculation of the size of the room.) 

Previously we occupied a bigger room in the same house but had to moved to this smaller room because of lack of fund.

Most night, l would move the center table to the corridor of the house and then lay my mat between the small space between the door and my father's bed. 

 My father (who tried his best to give my sister and l, a better life) would have to walk across my sleeping form on the mat through the very small available space to open door to go out of the room. Usually, l sleep on rhe bed, when Papa is not around.

I decided to share this detail of my childhood, so that you can understand the extent of the deliverance Jesus Christ bought for me. 
I was not just delivered from sin, l was set free from abject poverty, shame and humiliation.  

I was living with my aunty in Festac in a posh three bedroom flat before l was repatriated to father to encourage him to remarry since he decided he was not remarrying after my mother left him.

As a teenager, growing up in the Ghetto, l had two favourite Yoruba songs which l sang in the Yoruba dialect titled "Position of Wealth is good' and 'University Dara'

The two songs are translated thus:

FIRST SONG
Position of wealth is good
Position of wealth
I desire this position strongly
And l will get there
This position can/will give/spend money on me
This position will give me clothing
I will become an important person
I will become a wealthy person
If my head will be lifted up/enthroned tomorrow
I will get there

SECOND SONG
University Dara
Where the brilliant and learned are
That is where Abigail wants to go
May my head/spirit/life take me there.

Today, l can tell you that The God who is seated on His Throne but in His infinite Love stoop down to listen to the song of a 10-13 years old girl, fulfilled every words of those two songs.

Today, l am an HND graduate of Mass Communication who graduated with a Upper credit grade in OND and Lower credit in HND ( Lower credit in HND was because, I foolishly decided to reduce my commitment in the fellowship for my academics unlike when l was in OND, and pursued both with equal passion )

I have had the privilege to meet some men and women of renown in the Body of Christ in Nigeria by God's grace. 

So this God who is my God forever, honoured my desires. A little girl from the ghetto and all she had was wishful desires and dreams.

I share the testimony of my grades and the opportunity to meet some men of renown in the country, not to brag or boast but to show that the God of our Lord Jesus can and is always doing awesome deeds in the life of men.

My childhood is not peculiar, there are millions of Nigerian and African children in worst circumstances than mine.  

God can use your kindness and love to make the World a better place.

 God used seven (7) women and other kind persons to help shapen my future. They were God's helping hands that l can never forget 

What will we be remembered for?. Every boy, girl, man and woman we are opportune to meet is for a reason. We must always ensure that we are God' s Helping Hands in their lives.

I was conversant with one Yoruba proverb then.. I translate directly:

" A child who has no mother to correct her will listen and learn when other mothers are correcting their children.

 I learnt most things about life from other parents. But there is one lesson, l learnt from my father and which l sing regularly to myself ' 
'
Abigail, you must not be a failure'

I conclude this part of the story with a song.

SONG
I could not go on
Without your love given from above
I need you in my life
Without you my life will fall apart
You picked.me up when l fell
Always there when l call
Lord l want to say, thank you for loving me.

YOU CAN'T SERVE JESUS AND LOSE IN LIFE
TO BE CONTINUED.

A. L. Hephzibah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christ In Your Heart

MY CONCEPT OF LOVE

GOD CAN TEST YOU