CALLING BY ELECTION

InSpired
CINFIRM YOUR CALLING
The Bible states that our LORD and Saviour Jesus Christ, came to do the Will of the Father. He says "my food is to do the Will of the Father and finished it 
But The LORD was not chosen and called to be the Saviour of the World by any human efforts . Before he was born, he was already called and elected to become the Redeemer. The only thing He had to do was willingly drink from the cup that was set apart for Him .

The Bible says in Jeremiah 1:1-3
The word of the LORD came to me, saying, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations. ”

Before Jeremiah could know right from wrong, he was already called and chosen. Before he was formed in his mother's womb, God knew him.

How did God knew him? 
God knew he was a prophet to the nation's. God's thoughts for Jeremiah was a prophet to the nation's. Jeremiah did not do anything to either  qualify or earn this rather he answered the call and walked in the way chosen by God for his life. 

Solomon was not chosen  to succeed his father: King David as king because of any works or efforts on His part to please his father. Instead Solomon was chosen to become King because his father: King David promised his mother that her son will be king  in his stead .

Peter was not called to be an Apostle because of any good deeds that he carried out. The use of his boat to preach the Gospel is because God already set him apart and the use of  his boat was just a confirmation of that calling   2 Peter 1:10; 
"Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election."

It is God who calls us to the ministry, but we must make every effort to make our calling and election sure.

HOW TO MAKE YOUR ELECTION SURE
1. Be Willing and then obedient.
 A lot of believers are obedient but their obedience is not borne on the wings of willingness. I work for a boss. So the boss gives me an assigment and l set out to do it. But in the process of carrying out the assignment,, I murmured and grumbled about the nature of the assignment and how l do not desire to do the assignment if not for certain factors. Though l obeyed but my obedience was not with gladness but with murmuring . Serving God with gladness, keeps the curse away.

2. Continue to Walk in the Way
Judas Iscariot was called and elected but he failed to make his election sure when he abandoned the Way. Judas oved Mammon than he loved God . Judas love for Mammon was greater than his love for Christ, The LORD or his Way 
The LORD tolerated Judas stealing from the Church purse just to show mercy so that his love of money will not overwhelm and ultimately destroy his love for God, but the pull of Mammon resulted in his death 

Apostle Paul told the Galatians " Do you want to end in the flesh, the walk you started in the Spirit. 

The LORD came to Abram in Genesis 12 and asked him to leave his father house for another land shown by The LORD. But now after many years of interaction between God and Abraham. (Interaction which  resulted in Abraham building various altars for The LORD.

Yet God came in Genesis 17 and told Abraham 'When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to him and said, “I am God Almighty; walk before me faithfully and be blameless. Then I will make my covenant between me and you and will greatly increase your numbers.”

The calling of Genesis 12 is different from the calling of Genesis 17. In Genesis 17, God is giving Abraham the conditions for a walk with Him.

"When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to him and said, “I am God Almighty; walk before me faithfully and be blameless. Then I will make my covenant between me and you and will greatly increase your numbers.”"

Therefore to make your election sure; you must continue to walk in God's way.

3. You must love Christ more than ALl: Reputation, Fame, Money, Wide, Husband, Mother, Ministry.

Our LORD Jesus asked Peter a very crucial question that was paramount to making his election sure.
Peter the leader went back to fishing and all the other disciples left with him to go a fishing  “I’m going out to fish,” Simon Peter told them, and they said, “We’ll go with you.” So they went out and got into the boat, but that night they caught nothing.

Leaders must be careful for every step because their followers step in their foot print in the sand.

After Peter had lead the other disciples a fishing, The LORD appeared and asked the question:

Jesus Reinstates Peter 
When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?” “Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.” John 21.

The NIV sub title for this passage is " Jesus Reinstates Peter. It means Peter actually fall away from his first love and took his focus away from his calling to pursue shadows. So Christ asked if " If his love for fishing is stronger than his love for Him 

Peter said " LORD, you know l love you . Then the Lord made another profund statement. 
" Peter if you live ne, you will feed my Sheep because my Sheep is my body and anytime you care for the body; you have shown concern for the head.

Peter was called but he had to make his election sure by continually walking in the Way revealed by Christ Jesus the Master 

A L. Hephzibah.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christ In Your Heart

MY CONCEPT OF LOVE

GOD CAN TEST YOU